So we have recieved an award, the Liebster Award. Dallas from Off to See the World nominated us. To be honest, we had never heard about the award but it is nice to be appreciated and the idea that is behind it is nice too. The idea is to put blogs that you think are worth following in the spotlight. Now it comes with rules, a thing I’m not to found of. But we decided to play.
The Answers to the Questions:
1. What has been your favorite experience while traveling?
Véronique: There are so many great moments I have lived while travelling. Sharing food with new friends on the parilla in the mountains in Patagonia (Argentina). A sunset cruise near Puerto Madryn (Argentina), a small ship and many many whales. A private tour in the rice fields in Bali and getting to know the locals…More recently meeting passionate people (passengers, crew, journalists) on board of the many ships we have sailed on and dolphins swimming next to our ship (in the Atlantic Ocean).
Mike: Probably the most fascinating experience was my cruise to South Georgia. The weather was very bad on one day, but the scenery amazing: snow, ice, and thousands of penguins. Because of the freezing wind many passengers decided to stay on board instead of doing a Zodiac ride. This allowed me to stay on the water the whole morning. It was magnificent.
2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
Black Blue Green after the colours of the sea
3. What is one thing you want to accomplish in your life?
Véronique: Make the very best of every day without having regrets!
Mike: I have a creative project in mind.
4. What is your favorite photograph? Share it!
Véronique: Hiking in Patagonia. I took this picture when I finally arrived at the top of ‘El Piltri’ in El Bolsón after a long hike, I bought some ‘pan casero’ and felt so incredible happy enjoying the view together with the housecats.
Mike: Hapag-Lloyd’s expedition cruise ship Hanseatic in the Lemaire Channel, Antarctica. The Captain lowered a Zodiac for me, to make this unique photo shoot in a place that was discovered by my fellow countryman Adrien de Gerlache in 1898.
5. I you had to choose somewhere to live for the next ten years, where would it be and why?
Véronique: It can be many places. I love to discover new neighbourhoods and cultures. Preferably near the sea or near mountains.
Mike: If Véronique is with me, it can be on many places in this beautiful world.
6. What is the one must-have item you take with you wherever you go?
Véronique: My camera
Mike: My camera
7. What has been one of your biggest struggles while travelling and blogging?
Véronique: Finding the right balance between blogging/working and discovering. That and finding fast internet.
Mike: Blogging takes time away from the experience. So it is the same as what Véronique says.
8. If you could give your teenage self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Véronique: Don’t mind what others say or do. Start travelling and living life at the fullest right now.
Mike: don’t lose time and focus
9. Who, or what, do you miss the most while you’re away from home?
Véronique: Nothing. I love discovering food everywhere and you don’t need much when you travel. You can stay in contact with friends and family through the internet.
Mike: Véronique, if she’s not travelling with me
10. Which 3 songs are typically in heavy rotation on your iPod/iPhone while you’re on a long flight?
Véronique: Mostly Café del Mar chill songs for flights. ‘Redemption Song’ by Moodswings is my favourite song from those CD’s, ‘I want to make the World turn around’ by Steve Miller Band and ‘Yellow’ by Coldplay never disappear from the playlist.
Mike: I do not have an iPod
11. Which quote inspires you the most?
Véronique: “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Edo Emerson
Mike: A recent quote that inspired me was from a Portuguese entrepreneur: “Management by positive energy”
Our Questions for the nominees
1. When did you start travelling?
2. Do you keep notes in a diary or do you blog right away on the computer?
3. What is your favorite local dish?
4. What is it you like most in blogging?
5. Where did you meet the nicest locals?
6. What is your favourite means of transport?
7. What is your main advice to starting travel bloggers?
8. Which country are you visiting next?
9. What is the longest time you have been away from your hometown?
10.What is your favourite occupancy for long bus rides?
11. Name one thing every hostel/hotel should provide to offer a good experience?
Reni & Marcel @Swissnomads
@skidfferent – Blog is going to be launched soon so we cannot nominate the blog yet but I feel it is one to watch…
The Liebster Award Rules
You must link back to the person who nominated you.
You must answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
You pick 5-11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
You must tell the nominees that they have been nominated by you.
You must provide your nominees with 11 new questions to answer.